The two-year Tourism and Hospitality Management degree combines theory with practice. You will immediately collaborate with companies from the field. Tourism and Hospitality Management focuses on the business side of tourism and hospitality. You will cover general management subjects and specialist tourism and hospitality courses, which makes you attractive to employers in different sectors. You get a good dose of theory that you put into practice during projects and an internship.The first year of this programme aim to equip you with a broad sense of what tourism and hospitality management is about. You will learn how tourism products are created and developed, examine current tourism and hospitality trends and gain insight into tour operating, sales and e-business. Besides, attending timetabled teaching, you will also spend time studying independently and undertaking research. During the last half of the second year, you will work towards graduation.
Student in the field of International Tourism focuses on transfer of knowledge and practical skills, which will affect the preparation of graduates for the needs of tourism and hospitality management. Interdisciplinary subjects in the area of economy, psychology, law and sociology enable graduates to broaden their specialist knowledge essential in management processes. Graduate gains all the specific terminology of tourism and hospitality, gets to know current trends and latest achievement and innovations in tourism area, gains the knowledge about management in tourism organizations, departments or enterprise.
The graduate will be able to:
- evaluate the quality of products, services and systems used in tourism and hospitality,
- prepare the assessment of the attractiveness of tourism potential. Knows and uses the methods to create and promote new tourism product,
- choose, verify and project the whole management processes in tourism and hospitality.
Language certificate B1
A certificate confirming the candidate’s level of English is required. Recognized certificates include:
English Language Certificate.
University of Economics in Bydgoszcz accepts the following English Language certificates:
– First Certificate in English (FCE),
– Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE),
– Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage,
– Business English Certificate (BEC) Higher,
– Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT),
– International English Language Testing System (IELTS) more than 6 points;
– Test of an English as Foreign Language (TOEFL).